She's fabulous! But Cyrine Abdelnour isn't fabulous enough for a leading role in new production
Following the success of her latest film “Ramadan Mabrouk Abu Al-Alamain Hamouda,” Lebanese singer and actress Cyrine Abdelnour is getting ready to co-star in yet another major hit: her first serialized historical drama on LBC.
Directed by Miled Abu Raad and written by Muna Tai, the top-tackling TV series titled “Wa Ashraqat Al Shams” (And the Sun Shines) relives the events of the Ottoman occupation of the Arab World.
The drama is being touted as one of the largest and most expensive TV productions that made it to air on the Lebanese Satellite channel. Three production companies will be working on producing the larger-than-life show.
It's rumored that LBC bought each episode at a whopping price of 27.500 US Dollars.
While many consider Cyrine to be a beautiful and talented artist – just look at her successful track record - it seems that she was overshadowed by another actress, Aimee Sayah, who's set to play the leading role Cyrine was nominated for.
According to Muna, Aimee's beauty and talent haven't been overly exposed, and having trained her for the leading role of “Jilnar,” the mistress of Sheikh Al Iqtai, which she was capable of perfectly mastering, the role is just perfect for her.
While Cyrine will not be the leading actress, there’s no doubt that her role in such an anticipated TV series will bring nothing but more wealth and glamour to the drama, while Lebanese actor Youssef El Khal, who will be playing the role of the Sheikh, will add sex appeal to the show.
- I really look up to you! Cyrine Abdelnour jests about her co-star Khaled Salim's height
- Small screen to Silver screen: Cyrine Abdelnour a movie star once again
- It's just a "Misunderstanding", Cyrine Abdelnour is only feeling emotionally disturbed in her new film
- Undeniable chemistry: Maksim Khalil & Cyrine Abdelnour back together... in new film
- Sleeping Beauty Cyrine Abdelnour naps on the train