Demis Roussos to Sing in Cairo
International star Demis Roussos will perform a concert at the Aida Theatre in Cairo on October 19. Preparations are underway for the event, which coincides with Aida Opera 2001.
The head of the theatre, Samir Faraj, told the Qatari daily Al Raya that Roussos had agreed to perform after modifications were made to the venue’s entry and exit doors.
“The preparations coincide with Aida Opera 2001, which 6,000 people from all over the world are expected to attend. To date, reservations for the opening and closing ceremonies have reached 27 percent,” added Faraj.
Cairo is also preparing to hold the 10-day Al Qala’a Music Festival, which will be held at Saladdin Castle next Friday with the participation of 55 musical groups – Albawaba.com
- Opera Aida 2001 Rehearsals Underway
- Demis Roussos remembered: Egyptian-born singer will live long in fans' hearts
- Demis Roussos: Growing Up in Alexandria Showed Me Meaning of Tolerance
- Get in the mood for love with Bibliotheca Alexandrina's romantic celebrations this Valentine's Day
- Nicole Saba claims provocative clips give Lebanese women a bad name