Destiny's Child, 'NSYNC To Honor Janet Jackson
Destiny's Child, 'NSYNC, Macy Gray and Outkast will give it up for Janet Jackson in the inaugural "mtvICON," a new annual special honoring artists who've influenced music videos and who've had a significant impact on fans and other artists.
"mtvICON: Janet Jackson" will air on March 13 and will feature an overview of Jackson's 16-year recording and video career, as well as interviews with artists whose careers have been influenced by Jackson. The night's performers will each cover a Jackson song, though their particular selections were unavailable at press time.
"Janet Jackson is an awesome individual," Destiny's Child's Michelle Williams said in a statement. "Her music has always kept me dancing. ... She is the total entertainer."
'NSYNC will perform a "special vocal tribute," and Jackson herself will sing the show's finale.
Jackson is wrapping up a new album with producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. No release date has been set.
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Doha's latest peace proposal: Janet Jackson's Qatari fiance plans wedding escapade
- Pulling a Michael Jackson? Janet's new & improved face looks unrecognizable in Dubai
- Destiny's Child: Then There Were Two
- Christina, Sisqo to Play Video Music Awards
- Pop Music and Hollywood Stars Perform, Collect Money for Scarred New York