Director Said el Marouq diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer
Marouq filming with Nancy Ajram. (Image: Musicnation.me)
Lebanese director Said el Marouq has lung cancer.
The young director's media adviser Sarah al Tabbakh confirmed that her client has been diagnosed with a 4cm tumor in his lung, and the disease has spread to his throat as well.
Unfortunately, the shocking news came out of nowhere for Marouq, when he was visiting the doctor for a routine checkup after suffering a bout of flu.
The more unfortunate news was that his cancer is at an advanced stage, meaning he would need to undergo chemotherapy and radiation before they could surgically remove the tumor.
But this certainly hasn't deterred Marouq from feeling positive.
"I'm a fighter and I'll be able to beat cancer. First thing I did when I found out was to quit smoking, and from now on I'm going to convince all smokers to quit too.
"I'm going to shave my head and wear an earring, you know, following the current trend," a determined Marouq said.
Marouq is travelling to Germany for treatment in the near future.
We wish you a speedy recovery, Said.
- Ahmad Zaki enters second phase for treatment of lung cancer
- Leading Authority on Quit Smoking1 has been diagnosed with Lung Cancer
- Healthcare costs in GCC to be US$60 billion by 2025
- healthcare costs in gcc to be us$60 billion by 2025
- How did "Star of the East" Umm Kulthum become the most iconic singer of this century?