DJs in Dubai: music maestros in the house
DJ Mark Ronson will be reopening one of Dubai’s best clubs, Trilogy.
Click here to add Amy Winehouse as an alert
Disable alert for Amy Winehouse,
Click here to add Daniel Merriweather as an alert
Disable alert for Daniel Merriweather,
Click here to add Dubai as an alert
Disable alert for Dubai,
Click here to add Mark Ronson as an alert
Disable alert for Mark Ronson
Next Thursday, super-hot alt-music will be heard across the city when not one, but two ultra-cool acts touch down. Up the new end of town, star DJ Mark Ronson will be reopening one of Dubai’s best clubs, Trilogy, with his signature genre-blending tunes. Starting out his career DJing at celeb parties, Ronson hit the big time in 2007 with the release of his album Version1, and who doesn’t love his souped-up version of Valerie with Amy Winehouse? (Tickets Dh150, 10pm-3am; Trilogy, Souk Madinat Jumeirah, 04 366 6971).
And, on the same night, one of the world’s best indie punk bands, The Black Lips, will be flooding The Music Room with their diverse sound, which ranges from chaotic and acerbic to nostalgic and downright poppy. They’ve dubbed themselves a “flower punk” band – we’re not sure what that means, but we still like it. (Tickets Dh80 before 9pm, Dh100 walk ins, 9pm-3am; The Music Room, Bur Dubai, 050 248 4054).
1. While his own albums are famous in their own right – we love his 2007 tune featuring the vocals of Daniel Merriweather, Stop Me – Mark’s also a whizz producer, in fact, he produced almost all of the late Amy Winehouse’s iconic album Back To Black.
2. The Black Lips’ sixth (and most recent) studio album, Arabia Mountain, was produced by Mark Ronson himself – maybe they’ll all catch up at an after party, rock star-style?
- india’s music maestros and legendary poet to perform renowned ‘tiranga’ on 60th indian independence day
- Perrelet presents a musical concept with its Maestro collection
- Can't hold these DJs down in Dubai! Zero Gravity announces EDM Autumn lineup
- Club it up in the UAE: Provocateur bringin' the hottest DJs and smoothest jams
- Dania al Khatib’s New Album Blends World Music