Donia Samir Ghanem is perfectly prudish: No to steamy film
Even though it's no secret that the young Egyptian actress Donia Samir Ghanem is gagging for a leading role in a film, she surprised most everyone by turning down the offer for leading actress in the new film “Al Baltaji wal Abeet” (The Thug and the Idiot).
Not put off by the title, Donia, who is the daughter of celeb couple - Egyptian comedian Samir Ghanem and classic actress Dalal Abdel Aziz, rejected the offer presented by director Sameh Abdel Aziz without citing specific reasons.
Sources however had an explanation that had part to do with her relationship and part to do with politics. Apparently, she recoiled from starring in the film for its provocative and intimate content. These sexy scenes scared Donai off being involved, especially given the current more conservative climate of Egypt and her fear of being pidgeon-holed another Ghada Abdel Razek, or a provocative actress.
Others think that Donia turned down the role in order to keep her fiance happy. They say she felt it would be in poor taste to get frisky on set with any other than her new man - the finance television host Rami Radwan - who would rather keep his fiance to himself.
What do you think about Donia Ghanem's decision to turn down a promising film role? Was it the sensible thing to do, or is her reservation compromising her career potential?
- The Ugly (Betty) truth: Salma Hayek to SUE Amy Samir Ghanem's showmakers
- Donia Abdel Aziz keeps her engagement on the down-low
- No more sexy Ghada? New movie promises an unsually non-seductive Abdel Razek
- He doesn't care what anyone thinks! Ahmad Makki going ahead with fourth sequel of “El Kibeer Awi”
- What's Ahmed Mekky to do without his leading lady Donia Samir Ghanem?