At long last! Donia Samir Ghanem's giving us her album release
After eight months of delays, and releasing seven songs as singles on YouTube, the production company "Roznama Records" has at long last launched the first album by Egyptian actress and singer Donia Samir Ghanem. The album was initially scheduled for release during the summer of last year, but Egypt's political instability as well as production problems pushed back the timeline extensively.
According to the Middle East news portal Elaph, the album that took two years to complete will bring Donia out of her isolation, which she placed herself in after signs of her pregnancy began appearing. Donia will be holding a press conference in Egypt to announce the launch and discuss its deets.
The songs that were previously released on YouTube were a major hit and were downloaded by hundreds of thousands of eager fans.
Since getting pregnant with her journalist hubby Rami Radwan, Donia has stayed on the down low, deferring from making any public appearance and turning down all other work offers.
Fortunately, we'll be seeing her face again next to that of Ahmad Makky on this Ramadan's "Al Kabir Awi" (The Strong One).
- Take that, Tamer! Donia Samir Ghanem steals Hosny and Diab’s YouTube thunder
- A poor excuse for a woman: Donia Samir Ghanem criticized over "submissive" image
- Preggo Donia Samir Ghanem lets go of several projects
- Keepin’ it casual: Donia Samir Ghanem grunges it in jeans for album cover
- Sibling rivalry? Donia Samir Ghanem and sis Amy to compete for best Ramadan drama 2014