Drum roll please... And the winner is: Maxim Khalil for “Best Arab Actor” Award
For the second year running, Maxim Khalil has won the prestigious Murex D'or award for Best Arab Actor. Not bad!
The Syrian actor was presented with the golden trophy at the glamorous ceremony in Beirut, which aired Live on MTV Lebanon.
According to Sayidaty.net, Khalil dedicated the award to his fellow Syrian people, who are suffering in appalling conditions. Khalil and wife Sawsan Arshid currently reside in Beirut.
Sure, the critics will have a field day with this one, since Maxim has not appeared in a single Syrian drama for a couple of years now, and won't be either this Ramadan. Nothing wrong with trying new things we say.
Speaking of trying new things, the “adventurous” actor will be making his first debut in an Egyptian series titled “Al Shak” (Doubt).
In the drama, Khalil will be playing the role of a lawyer, and staring alongside May Izz El Din, Hussein Fahmi and Raghda.
- Maxim Khalil denies his wife is jealous of Cyrine Abdel Nour
- Maxim Khalil furious over brutal assault claims by Syrian regime supporters
- Full of regrets: Maxim Khalil says his first marriage was a "big mistake"
- Hussein Fahmi dares any Syrian Actor to compete with an Egyptian Actor
- Maksim Khalil poised to conquer fame