Comedy carnival gets Dubai laughing this January
Comedians such as Michael Winslow, who’s billed as “the man of 10,000 sound effects”, will be in Dubai for DSF 2013 as a part of Dubai International Comedy Carnival. He will be joined by Arab-American Dean Obedallah and Dubai’s first lady of comedy, Mina Liccione from January 22-26 at Dubai Festival City.
“Art and theatre are intrinsic to the cultural and social fabric of the UAE, as it draws on the rich heritage of people from different nationalities who live here, and we believe that the Dubai International Comedy Carnival featuring several renowned names is an ideal launching pad for showcasing the exceptional artistic talents of the East and West that exist in abundance in the UAE and region,” said Hadija Mohammad Ali Turki of Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (DEPE) in a statement.
The carnival will be held for the first time as a part of DSF 2013.
Apart from stand-up comedy, the carnival will also host a rock music competition and make-your-own film contest.
- UAE Comedy Circuit Get Smiles Without Crude and Lewd
- Albawaba has the last laugh with Anger Management's comedy therapists Maz Jobrani & Wonho Chung!
- Kingdom's comic crew ensure we haven't had the last laugh!
- Laugh Factory’s Max Amini brings his stand-up back to Dubai
- The Dubai DIFFerence: best-dressed celebs rocking the International Film Festival