Dubai shoot proves smash hit for film sequel
The film, which includes scenes shot in Dubai, stars Salman Khan and is a sequel to the 2010 blockbuster Dabangg.
It opened across 2,500 screens in India on Friday and made Rs 21.10 crore on its opening day.
Indian media reported that it was the highest opening for any non-holiday release in Bollywood.
'Dabangg', which was directed by Abhinav Kashyap, took Rs 14.5 crore on its first day.
- He's still got it: Salman Khan's Dubai comeback goes down a storm
- India Film Stars Salman Khan, Chunkey Pandey in Court as Murder Witnesses
- Iranian director refuses a US prize over visa issues
- Dubai Studio City explores local content creation opportunities with industry stakeholders at DIFF panel discussion
- Smashing hits by various stars