Going back to the basics: Duraid Laham doing his first traditional Syrian drama in 40 years
Old school Syrian star Duraid Laham will be making a comeback to traditional Syrian drama after 40 years away from the scene in a new television series “Abwab Al Reeh” (Gates of the Wind). The drama is expected to be one of Ramadan's most popular of the season. With his big name in the cast list, along with other of Syria's hottest stars, the show is sure to lure an audience into watching.
According to Laha Magazine, the drama appears as a historical documentary of traditional Syrian events that impacted society. Set back in 1860, the story written by Khaldoun Qatlan will be directed by Al Muthana Subuh.
Duraid's starring role was initially offered to Syrian actor Salloum Haddad, but he turned down his nomination due to schedule constraints.
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Duraid Laham turns to directing and producing
- Duraid Laham storms into a comeback
- Out with the old, in the with new: Duraid Lahham replaces Salloum Haddad in new drama
- Rock on! Alternative music festival "Kuwait Rising" going down this weekend