Going back to the basics: Duraid Laham doing his first traditional Syrian drama in 40 years
Old school Syrian star Duraid Laham will be making a comeback to traditional Syrian drama after 40 years away from the scene in a new television series “Abwab Al Reeh” (Gates of the Wind). The drama is expected to be one of Ramadan's most popular of the season. With his big name in the cast list, along with other of Syria's hottest stars, the show is sure to lure an audience into watching.
According to Laha Magazine, the drama appears as a historical documentary of traditional Syrian events that impacted society. Set back in 1860, the story written by Khaldoun Qatlan will be directed by Al Muthana Subuh.
Duraid's starring role was initially offered to Syrian actor Salloum Haddad, but he turned down his nomination due to schedule constraints.
- Out with the old, in the with new: Duraid Lahham replaces Salloum Haddad in new drama
- Abbas Al Nouri fails in uniting Duraid Laham and Yaser Al Athmeh
- When one gate closes, another opens: Jenny Asper leading actress in "Gates of the Wind"
- Duraid Laham storms into a comeback
- Sulaf's sojourn in traditional Syria drama not spoilt by war