Out with the old, in the with new: Duraid Lahham replaces Salloum Haddad in new drama
Veteran Syrian actor Duraid Lahham has joined the cast of the new TV drama "Abwab Al Rih" (Gates of the Wind) and will be playing the role of “Yousif Al Nahhas” as a replacement of fellow Syrian actor Salloum Haddad, who was previously nominated for the role but turned it down later.
According to Sayidaty.net, Salloum said no to the part because he’s already occupied with filming his scenes for the new TV drama "Al Ikhwah" (The Brothers), which is currently being filmed in Abu Dhabi.
"Abwab Al Rih" was written by Syrian author Khaldoun Qatlan and will be directed by Al Muthanna Subuh. The company “Sama Art” will be producing the historical drama which dates back to the 1860s and tackles events that took place at the time between Lebanon and Syria.
- Going back to the basics: Duraid Laham doing his first traditional Syrian drama in 40 years
- When one gate closes, another opens: Jenny Asper leading actress in "Gates of the Wind"
- Salloum Haddad: al Mutanabbi, My Next Target
- Amal Boushousha is filming her "Brothers" in Abu Dhabi right now
- Hey, brother! Bassel Khayat to star alongside Tayem Hassan in "The Brothers"