Dureid Lahham to Star in Egyptian Film
Negotiations are running in Cairo between the Arab Company for Film Production and Syrian actor Dureid Lahham to star in a new comic and political film.
Lahham expressed his happiness to act in the film and asked to read the script of the film which the Egyptian director Mohamed Khan is nominated to direct.
Among the most prominent film projects which have not been implemented yet, is the proposed film Watani Fi al Sama (My Homeland in the Sky) despite the fact that it was announced several year ago. Egyptian comedy stars Adel Imam and Lahham were chosen to star in the film.
Although both stars reiterate on every occasion their willingness to implement the project, their dream has never came true for different reasons.
Rumor has spread that the role of Imam will be played by Mohammed Heneidi. But Lahham has denied that, reiterating that the film was scripted for Imam and himself alone. Lahham has repeated assurances of his friendship and appreciation of Heneidi but said that he had not been nominated to costar with him – Albawaba.com
- Heneidi Could Pay to the Tune of $40,000 Pounds for Soundtrack Complaint
- Leaving Alaa Walieddin Behind, Mohammed Saad Goes It Alone
- Hany Ramzy’s ‘Itfarag Ya Salam’ Top Billing Irks Co-Stars
- India Film Stars Salman Khan, Chunkey Pandey in Court as Murder Witnesses
- Anoshka and Wael Kfouri to Debut on Silver Screen