Egyptian Film Week passes some Arabic ingredients to the Italian boot
Camelia Sobhy, head of the Foreign Cultural Relations Sector, announced that the Egyptian Academy of Arts in Rome will host Egyptian Film Week starting Tuesday, 2 – Saturday, 6 April.
The Egyptian Film Week comes within the framework of continued cooperation between the Foreign Cultural Relations Sector of Egypt and the Ministry of Culture in exposing the Egyptian culture worldwide.
The Egyptian Film Week will feature a number of artistic events, aside from film screenings, including a special seminar on the history of cinema in Egypt and Italy by Hussein Mohammed Hussein, lecturer at the academy. It will also hold a photography exhibition by artist Mohamed Hussein Bakr, one of the most important figures in the history of Egyptian cinema.
In her interview with Al-Ahram Arabic news site, Sobhy emphasised the role the Egyptian culture ministry plays in spreading Egyptian arts and culture through the establishment of a number of art institutions, such as the Egyptian Academy of Arts in Rome. "This is the only Arab institution in the Itlaian capital, among other 17 international academies in Rome," she says.
- Laila Elwi and other celebs join protestors against Culture Minister Abdel-Aziz
- Egyptian immigrants booted from Italy
- Enjoy a flavorful week of art, film, music & theatre in Cairo & Alexandria this week!
- Egyptian-British actor Khalid Abdalla's "The Narrow Frame of Midnight" screening this week at London Film Festival
- Take your pick! A week of films, fairs, and fun in Egypt