Sulaf Fawakherji: Syria's rising Egyptian star
Sulaf Fawakherji will be starring in upcoming film 'Hanna's conversion to Islam'
Syrian actress Sulaf Fawakherji is stepping into her first big film role in Egypt. The star is set to make her highly anticipated debut performance in upcoming movie 'Hanna's conversion to Islam'.
The movie - which shows a positive relationship between Muslims and Christians in its tale of a priest converting to Islam - will bring some light relief to the country after the off-screen drama that erupted from 'Innocence of Muslims' last week.
In an all-star cast, Fawakhirji will be joined by Syrian favourite Abed Fahed and Egyptian actor Ahmad Khalil under the direction of Safi Al Deen Hasan. Both Hasan and Fahed are digging deep into their own pockets to fund the making of the film.
Unsurprisingly, both men are hoping they won't have to part from their cash for too long and are keeping their fingers crossed that the film will be a success at the box office!
Do you think that there should be more films showing positive relationships between Muslims and Christians?
- Sulaf Fawakherji accuses maid of trying to give her up to the FSA
- Sulaf Fawakherji still stands behind her Syrian army...and their weddings!
- Sulaf Fawakherji serves up Syrian war defiance in “Waiting for Autumn”
- Sulaf Fawakherji gives rumors the silent treatment
- Sulaf Fawakherji booted out of Arab beauty contest in the final round