Egyptian censors get their claws into sexy festival films
The censorship committee of the Cairo International Film festival has rejected three of the 60 films it has reviewed so far, the Al-Ahram Arabic news website reported on Wednesday.
At previous festivals, the censorship committee accepted films containing nudity and sex but only critics and journalists could watch them.
The 35th Cairo International Film Festival is set to take place later this year.
- Int’l Film Fest opens in Shanghai
- Go, Cairo! Check out the three Egyptian films competing at the Abu Dhabi Film Festival
- Kinda Alloush will be judging your next movie at the 29th Alexandria Film Festival
- Calling all filmmakers: Egypt's Ismailia fest wants you!
- Palestinian Children to Attend Cairo International Festival for Children’s Movies