Egyptian movie cancelled for being too pro-Israeli
Amr Saad, star of the movie
Click here to add Afaf Shoeb as an alert
Disable alert for Afaf Shoeb,
Click here to add Amr Saad as an alert
Disable alert for Amr Saad,
Click here to add Mohammad Qanawi as an alert
Disable alert for Mohammad Qanawi,
Click here to add Muslim Brotherhood as an alert
Disable alert for Muslim Brotherhood
The movie plot about three people; an Egyptian, a Palestinian and an Israeli who work together to survive the hard social and economical situation in the Arab region and the world was considered too pro-Israeli by Egyptian authorities.
The theme of the Egyptian-Israeli peace treaty is a controversial one for moviemakers, particularly after the Muslim Brotherhood confirmed that they would re-think the accords at the recent election.
Producer Mohammad Qanawi later denied that the film was about peace with Israel. He said that the movie calls for peace and collaboration between all the people away from sex, religion and color.
What do you think about the movie plot? Tell us below.
- Egyptian PM says Haifa Wehbe's "Halawet Rouh" too inapprope to view, film pulled from cinemas
- Three actresses warned for wearing too little and revealing too much
- MENA movies to look out for in 2013
- Qamar hits up hot topic of inheritance laws in her theater debut
- Israel worried by Egyptian calls to cancel peace treaty