The show doesn't go on in snow! Egypt ent industry on hold during the record cold
Due to the harsh weather conditions that kicked the region, all the entertainment activities in Egypt were halted for three days. Cairo and surrounding municipalities were affected by the bad weather that brought heavy rain, snow, and extremely cold temperatures that the country hadn't experienced in over 100 years.
According to Laha Magazine, due to this, most stars postponed filming their new projects, and studios became ghost towns.
Among the projects put on hold was "Youm Lil Sitat" (A Day for Women), starring Egyptian actress Elham Shahin, which she had begun filming right before the winter storm.
The sequel of the film "Al Jazirah" (The Island) starring Ahmed El Sakka was also stopped. The actor had celebrated the launch of filming the first scenes and posted a number of photos of himself with the cast and crew of the film on his Facebook page.
Another drama that was paralyzed due to bad weather is "Al Murafa'a" (The Trial) starring Syrian actor Bassem Yakhour and Egyptian actress Shireen Rida. Many other projects were temporarily stopped.
A number of musical performances were also rescheduled.
- The show is still on! Nelly Karim crushes rumors that "A Day for Women" is in financial crisis mode
- Sorry Nadine al Rasi, Bassem Yakhour is too busy for your show!
- Terrorism follows Nadia Al Jundi to London
- Muna Zaki skeptical about acting with her husband
- “A day for women” may bring Najla Fathi back into the spotlight