Minister in hot water over hot comment
The Egyptian Minister for Information has caused uproar during an interview on a Dubai satellite channel. The minister was being interview by journalist and broadcaster Zainah Al Yazji and waded in to controversy by replying to one of her questions “I wish your questions are not as hot as you are”.
The out-of-hand remark has landed the Egyptian minister in hot water, not least with Zainah’s husband, the renowned Syrian actor Abid Fahed. To make matters worse, a clip of the interview, and the minister’s remark, became viral on social-networking sites.
A number of news agencies have noted Abid’s disappointment is greater because of the comments left by user on the social-networking site that viewed the video. Abid is reported to have been furious with the nature of the comments as they are demeaning and insulting to his wife.
Zainah has responded to the uproar, and attempted to cool the situation by saying that she feels that the remark made by the miniter was not malicious and it was just a slip of the tongue.
Tell us what you think. Should the minister have said such a thing? Was it just a slip of the tongue? Should Abid be so upset?
- Zainah shocked by reaction to sister’s arrest
- Zainah a television broadcaster
- Bling bling Bibi! Israeli PM in hot water again over expenses scandal
- Bassem Youssef in hot water again: Has El-Bernameg been given the axe?
- Be careful what you tweet! Israeli diplomats in hot water for criticizing Bibi on Twitter