Egyptian Actresses Refuse Role in ‘Iben Mawt’ Due to Rape Scene
The movie “Iben Mawt” (Son of Death), directed by Kamel Al Qalyoubi, has hit a film industry record for actresses refusing roles, apparently because of a rape scene, according to the Saudi daily Al Riyadh.
Abla Kamel and Muna Zaki have refused to perform in the film. Another accepted the role of the raped woman, but later stopped abruptly and announced that she wouldn’t continue.
The controversial “rape scene” actually only shows a group of young men kidnapping the actress in the cornfields and dragging her away, after which screams are heard.
The director has expressed astonishment at the actresses’ attitudes, maintaining that the scene is far less explicit than corresponding scenes in other movies.
Most recently, one of the actors sent her friend to the director. He subsequently nominated her for the role.
The film is currently being shot at the Information Production City in the countryside, with Jihan Fadhel as the latest star -- Albawaba.com
- Mohammed Riyad, a Mounted Mamluke, Fears His Horse
- Young Egyptian Actors Refuse Christian Role
- Ola Ghanem’s rape scene cut by Egyptian Censors
- Haifa Wehbe's not-so-sensible "sexy-fied" rape film delayed in release
- Lucy rushed to hospital after passing out while shooting the final scenes of “Juha al Masri” due to kidney failure