Egyptian Film Tackles 11 September Attacks
Egypt-America And Return is the first film of its type which tackles the impacts of the terrorist attacks in Washington and New York on Arabs and Muslims in the US, according to the Arabic daily Al Sharq Al Awsat.
Producer Mohammed Al Adel has allocated a preliminary hefty budget of seven million pounds for producing the film.
The film was scripted by Medhat Al Adel and directed by Ali Edris. Ahmed Al Saqqa and Muna Zaki have been nominated to costar in the film particularly in view of their success in the latest film Africano.
“60 percent of the film’s scenes will be shot in the American City of New Jersey. The film is about the suffering of a young Egyptian immigrant in the US and the role of the Zionist lobby which intensified after September 11 attacks in aggravating this suffering,” Saqqa told the daily.
“The film tackles the impacts of hitting the World Trade Center on Arabs and Muslims in the US. It is the first film of its type, which makes use of the attacks and the first one to be announced officially for release next summer,” added Saqqa – Albawaba.com
- Terrorist Attacks in US Delay Ahmed Al Saqqa’s New Film
- Ahmed Maher Recalls September 11 Attacks in African Film Fest
- US Helps Egypt Overcome Impacts of September 11 Attacks
- Egyptian Film Tackles Palestinian Issue Impacts on Arabs
- Najlaa Fathi and Nour El Sherif unite with Kuwaiti actors to portray the effect of the September 11th attacks on the US