Egyptian Series to Depict Hangings under British Regime
Director Wajih Al Shinnawi is preparing to shoot his new series Tarh Al Bashar, written by Abdel Qawi Al Ghalban.
The series uniquely depicts how four Egyptian citizens were hung decades ago in Danshwai, 200 kilometers away from Cairo, during the British rule of Egypt.
The series examines whether the victims were chosen at random or not, and who chose them, the Egyptian or British authorities, according to the Egyptian daily Al Gumhouriyya.
The series stars are currently being selected.
Meanwhile, Shinnawi will wrap up next week the shooting of his historical series on nomads, Al Hawdaj, written by Ezzat Al Jundi and costarring Laila Taher, Kamal Abu Rayya and Abeer Sabri - Albawaba.com
- Kamal Al Shinnawi Returns Alongside Nadia Lutfi in ‘Futuwwat’
- Egyptian TV Censors Erase Memory of 1971 Cairo Students' Sit-in
- Kamal Al Shinnawi, Amina Rizeq Become Millionaires By Chance
- ‘Jahim Taht Al Ard’ Screenings Planned for China, Morocco and Spain
- ‘Asfour Taht Al Matar’ Depicts Reality as Seen by Intellectual