Shabola recovers health, denies smoking
Egyptian local name, folk singer Shaaban Abdel Rahim left Al-Kasr Alainy hospital after spending around 10 days in the Intensive Care Unit after suffering a health crisis while en route to a party for the Central Police Force in Alexandria.
According to Al Anbaa newspaper, Shabola (his familiar name with the population) said: ”I signed a contract to sing in a party in Alexandria, next thing I know while in the car heading there I started to suffocate and I couldn’t breathe, so I was forced to apologize for not being able to attend and sing”,
Responding to allegations that he had taken up smoking again, Shaaban confirmed that he had definitely quit smoking and added: ”It seems that what happened to me was caused by constantly being around smokers, and I feel I have starting to be affected by the impact of passive smoking”.
Shaaban also emphasized that he had apologized for not participating in many scheduled projects due the unforeseen health crisis.
Please share your views! Use the 'Comment' space below.
- Just what the doctor ordered: Shabola serves up a new song as he recovers in hospital
- Egypt's fave folk singer Shaaban "Shaabola" Abdel Rahim is back!
- Rahim's Rabat-bound! Shabola added to Mawazine Festival lineup
- Shabola sheds tears after losing wife to cancer
- Shaaban Abdel Rahim back at the studio, calling for Egyptians to vote for amended constitution