Egyptian TV Drawing Up Plans for New ‘Nas Wa Nas’
Negotiations are currently underway to resume the Ramadan comedy episodes Nas Wa Nas (People and People), centering on the duo Mustafa Hussein and Ahmed Rajab, which were halted two years ago.
The head of the Egyptian TV production department, Medhat Zaki, told the London-based daily Al Sharq Al Awsat, “as soon as I get the final approval, the screenwriter Atef Bshai will start writing 30 episodes about the figures and issues which Mustafa Hussein and Ahmed Rajab dealt with two years ago. These include the sales tax, which has recently been implemented, loans and parliamentarians. The famous characters, including Aziz Beih Al Alit, Cambourah, Al Kahit, Qasem Al Samawi and the employees of the café will join them.”
Many of the old episodes’ stars, including Hassan Hossni, Hussein Al Sharbini, Hala Fakher, Ahmed Rateb, Wahid Seif and Hassan Kami, have showed interest in participating in the series.
However, Mohammed Heneidi and Alaa Waley Eddin, two other stars of the old episodes, sent their regrets for not taking part, due busy film and theater schedules.
A search will be made to find substitutes for the two comedy stars, as well as for the late Najah Al Mouji, who performed the character of the “news singer.” – Albawaba.com
- national air services (nas) signs to buy up to 38 a320 family aircraft
- “Al Hassan wa Al Hussein” draws Egyptians despite Al Azhar's opposition
- Mad-race is on for Egypt's singers as Ramadan draws nearer
- Yusra Plans TV Show; Form, Name, Contents Still Undecided
- Make your mind up Summaya Al Khashab! Acting, singing or hosting?