El Medina in Saudi named capital of Islamic culture 2013
In line with naming El-Medina El-Monawara (The Lit City) in Saudi Arabia, the capital of Islamic culture of 2013, Secretary General of the Cultural Committee of the kingdom Sheikh Saleh Awad El-Moghamsy announced that on 20 January 2013, the city will witness one big cultural event at Al-Qiba Mosque, honouring its great heritage and Islamic culture.
According to Ahram Arabic, Sheikh El-Moghamsy says that a scientific and technical committee will be formed to develop a complete conception of the event, and to organise cultural weeks and days of the Islamic countries in Medina in accordance with Islamic Sharia.
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Amman named 2017's Islamic culture capital
- Capital of Arab Tourism 2013 to launch the fifth Bahrain Summer Festival next week
- Does capitalism provide a solution to terrorism?
- A clash of civilizations: are foreigners newly entering the Saudi stock market about to face a culture shock?