Elissa hits a bum note with Wael Kfoury
Elissa at Beirut Souks
Elissa was left red-faced on stage in Beirut after fellow Lebanese singer, Wael Kfoury, refused her invite of a duet. Elissa spotted the star in the audience and asked him to join her for a rendition of 'Ya Hawa Rooh Wi Ulo' (Oh Wind Go and Tell Him) but Wael was less than impressed with the offer.
Kfoury told her he wasn't dressed for the occasion and Elissa had to tell her audience not to pester him to do it. Once the concert ended, Wael rushed to his car, looking annoyed by the incident and refused to take pictures with fans.
But the concert wasn't a total failure with critics complimenting Elissa on her singing skills. Fans said it was the first time she could get to the high notes without being out of tune.
- The million-dollar Q: What's the mystery behind Wael Kfoury's Arab Idol shock exit?
- Making himself unpopular? Wael Kfoury describes Elissa as "a big blown up balloon"
- Eid in Beirut: mourn the dead, cancel Haifa and Elissa concerts
- Wael Kfoury and Elissa walk side-by-side again to help hopeful stars reach for the sky
- Roses are red, violets are blue, Elissa wishes Wael happy birthday and thinks you should too