Elissa wins ‘Best Female Arab Artist’ award
The head of the Egyptian music art association, Munir Abed Al Aziz Al Wasimi, presented the famous Lebanese artist Elissa with the ‘best female Arab artist’ award during a celebration organized by the Middle Eastern Award Committee.
The celebration was held at the Mina House Hotel in Egypt, drawing large numbers of celebrities and journalists.
Elissa apologized for not being able to come and accept her award in person. The well-known party planner in Cairo Tamer Abed Al Munim accepted her award instead. Elissa will head to Cairo this week to receive her award.
Lebanese artist Nancy Ajram and Egyptian artist Shireen Abed Al Wahab were also nominated for the award. Fans voted via internet over a four-month period.
As for the ‘best male Arab artist.’ the Egyptian singer Muhammad Munir won the award. Walid Saed took the ward for ‘best poet’ and ‘best composer’ was awarded to Ayman Bahjat Qamar.
- World Music Awards special: Nancy Ajram beats Elissa and co to the "Best Arab Female Artist" title this year
- Pick your favorite artist: Arab starlets nominated for World Music Awards
- Muhammad Munir, best Arab singer
- Sherine Abdel Wahab on vacay in Beirut, celebrates "Best Middle Eastern Female Artist" win!
- Elissa out of room to place awards