That's a rap: Eminem closes the curtain on Abu Dhabi's Formula 1 festivities
Grammy-winning American rapper Eminem closes the Yasalam After-Race concert with a performance at the Yasalam After-Race concert at the du Arena at Yas Island, Abu Dhabi on Sunday.
Eminem gained popularity when he debuted his album the Slim Shady LP in 1999, featuring hits Lose Yourself, The Real Slim Shady, and Not Afraid.
The 39-year old whose name is Marshall Mathers III, sold more than 90 million albums worldwide and holds 10 number-one albums on the Billboard 200 charts.
In its fourth year, the concerts are held exclusively for Formula 1 ticket holders. The Sunday finale concert is a fitting conclusion to one of the most anticipated sporting events in the region.
Canadian rock band Nickelback entertained the crowd on Saturday, while Australian pop princess Kylie Minogue opened the Yasalam After-race on Friday night.
Minogue’s eight-member dance troupe took to the stage while the songstress belted song after song from one of her earliest hits, Locomotion, to recent chart-toppers, like In My Arms.
- Red Bull Air Race World Championship to take off with Nancy Ajram and Ramy Ayach concert
- Minogue sisters are doin' it for themselves in the UAE
- Dubai's NYE performer Vanilla Ice claims he paved the way for Eminem to gain fame
- Double the hip hop trouble: Rick Ro$$ and T-pain poppin' into UAE same night
- The real Slim Shady stands up in Abu Dhabi