It's "The Final Countdown" for Dubai: Swedish rock band Europe on the way!
Veteran Swedish rockers Europe, who in 1986 scored a worldwide hit with the explosive The Final Countdown, are all set to rock music fans in Dubai when they deliver a one-night-only full concert set at the Dubai Tennis Stadium on November 22.
Known for their unrelenting drive, platinum-selling albums and freeform FM radio staples such as Carrie, Sign of the Times and Prisoner in Paradise, Europe were a mainstay in the burgeoning rock movement in the eighties before they split up in 1993. However, they reformed a decade later and went on to achieve more global success with albums like Start From the Dark, Last Look at Eden and Bag of Bones, an album that spawned three hits in the UK – Not Supposed To Sing The Blues, Firebox and Demon Head.
Joey Tempest, the lead-singer and frontman of the band (which also includes John Norum on guitars, Mic Michaeli on keyboards, John Leven on bass and Ian Haugland on drums), told tabloid! that they were “thrilled to be coming to Dubai for the first time” and that they are “looking forward to having a great time.”
- 3 Doors Down latest band to join Dubai's rock-heavy jazz fest lineup
- The Stone Roses bring indie rock to Dubai this February
- Megadeth but no casualties as the rock group head to the Middle East
- For Girls Only: Time to Rock & Roll this summer at the Mideast's first 'School of Rock'
- Wolfgang promise to get Dubai head-banging at first solo show