Breaking out of the mould: Eyad Nassar talks about his new role
Jordanian actor Eyad Nassar has dumfounded fans and critics alike by his performance in his latest film “Sa’ah wa Nusf” (An hour and a half”) as it is a a world a way from his usual type-cast roles. The movie is due to be screened during the upcoming Muslin holiday of Eid al Adha.
In the film, Nassar plays the role of a lowly bookseller at a railway station, despite the fact that he is highly educated, and has a degree.
Nassar and leading actress Yusra Al Lawzi have broken out of the mould in this latest blockbuster, and are playing complex roles. Nassar added that he is pleased with the character as it is one that he has a personal affinity with and can fully relate with the emotions and difficulties that the bookseller faces.
- I'm gonna be rich, I'm gonna be famous! Jordanian actor shares his rise to fame story
- Kiosk break the Iranian mould
- The last Taboo: Black Eyed Peas rapper speaks his mind about Abu Dhabi
- Can Arabs talk their way out of the corner? Yemenis take a disarming gamble
- Let's talk: Tahani Rached on her revolutionary documentary style