Fadel Shaker under the spell of the Salafis?
Since he announced his resignation in March this year, the Lebanese star, Fadel Shaker, has been acting a little strangely. He blamed quitting his career on 'the Syrian government's cruelty against its people' and his conversion to Salafism. But it looks like the latter that the real reason behind his annoucement.
Now the Sheikh that got Fadel into Salafism has been posting all over his Facebook wall. Sheikh Ahmad al Assir wrote: “My dear brothers, I bring you the wonderful news of the resignation of our brother the hero Fadel Shaker, Fadel had told me on the phone that he has put a final end to his singing career and that God is guiding him in the right direction. May God forgive his sins and turn them into good deeds.”
Since getting involved with the Sheikh, Fadel has thrown himself into the Islamist activities with gusto. Most recently, Fadel took part in a protest, organized by Sheikh Ahmad, against the anti Muslim film about the Prophet. Now fans are worried that their favorite singer is turning into a religious extremist.
- On the run: Fugitive Fadel Shaker unable to celebrate the birth of his grandchild
- Fadel Shaker sells off his songs to concentrate on religious conversion
- From Singer to Rebel: Fadel Shaker may receive the death penalty
- Fadel Shaker accuses Bashar Al Assad of trying to kill him
- Fadel Shaker resigns permanently