Fadel Shaker sells off his songs to concentrate on religious conversion
In his former life, Lebanese star, Fadel Shaker, was on stage singing about love, women and sex but all that has changed since he met Salafi Sheikh, Ahmad al Assir. Since his 'conversion' to Salafism, Fadel has been behaving more and more strangely.
In the latest twist, he has decided to sell off all the previous songs he recorded that were meant to be for his latest album. Since he decided he will only be reciting religious chants from now on, the singer is keen to get rid of his former raunchy tunes. It is the first time a 'retired' star in the Arab world, has decided to sell his songs without releasing an album.
Although Fadel tried to make the sale in total secrecy, word has already got out and fans are shocked that the star is so willing to give up his former life.
- On the run: Fugitive Fadel Shaker unable to celebrate the birth of his grandchild
- Fadel Shaker under the spell of the Salafis?
- For the love of Christ: Ex-singer Fadel Shaker releases a song about Jesus
- Famed singer turned radical Islamist sells home for Syrian revolution
- Rami Ayash films his first music video