'I'm not dead!' Fadel Shaker's ghost speaks out via Youtube
His music career may be in the grave but that doesn't mean Fadel Shaker is dead and buried.
Unfortunately a number of websites don't seem to know the difference, reporting that the retired Lebanese popstar had been murdered in Dir Zour. Shaker was so upset by the news circulating about his demise that he posted a video online to confirm there's life in the old dog yet.
Sure, he used to brilliant. Smooth as fresh mango juice, self-consciously two-stepping on stage in those suits, belting out anthem after anthem. True, his untimely decision to leave the giddying world of celebrity was selfish, depriving legions of fans of a hero. (What are they meant to gentle-sway to now?!?!) But declaring the man dead is just unnecessarily nasty.
- Fadel Shaker facebooks video doing the call for prayers
- OMG! Has Fadel Shaker finally been arrested?
- On the run: Fugitive Fadel Shaker unable to celebrate the birth of his grandchild
- From Singer to Rebel: Fadel Shaker may receive the death penalty
- Fadel Shaker sells off his songs to concentrate on religious conversion