Save 'The Last Dance': Farid Shawki series held back till 2014
El-Raasa El-Akheera (The Last Dance), a new television series based on the life of the late Egyptian actor and director Farid Shawki, is to be released in 2014.
El-Raasa El-Akheera was initially scheduled to be released in the summer of 2013, to coincide with the Islamic month of Ramadan, but series producer and daughter of Shawki, Nahed Farid Shawki, along with scriptwriter Beshir El-Deek, decided to postpone the project by a year, giving themselves extra time to research and write the series.
This series relies on fresh faces who will be making their on-screen debut, to enact the roles of Farid Shawki and his wife, the late Egyptian singer and actress Hoda Sultan.
- Mahmoud Yasin Plans to Liven Up Farid Shawki’s Role
- Rania Farid Shawki returns to the big screen hoping to reach fame without the help of her father
- Rania Shawki asked to improve her 'belly dancing' skills
- Sultan’s wife and Belly Dancer: Rania Shawki outdoes herself this Ramadan!
- Rania Farid Shawqi refuses to take up any future roles as a dancer but does not mind being the evil woman