With Fast & Furious 7 filming now in Abu Dhabi, Paul Walker's brothers are announced to fill in small gaps
Paul Walker's brothers Caleb and Cody will fill in for some of the actor's unfinished scenes in Fast & Furious 7.
Walker and his friend Roger Rodas died in November 2013 after they were involved in a fiery car crash. The actor starred as Brian O'Conner in five Fast & Furious films, and had completed most of his scenes for the seventh movie at the time of his death. The film halted production for months after Walker's death, but resumed filming on March 31.
"Our family experienced an unthinkable shock in November," the Fast & Furious team wrote on their Facebook page Tuesday. "We came together and all felt the only choice was to continue."
"We have resumed shooting and now welcome Paul's brothers, Caleb and Cody, into our family," the statement continues. "Caleb and Cody are helping us complete some remaining action for their brother and fill in small gaps in production."
"Having them on set has made us feel that Paul is with us, too... It will allow the character of Brian O'Conner to live on and let us celebrate Paul in his most defining role."
Fast & Furious 7 is slated for release on April 10, 2015. Walker's portrayal of O'Conner in the movie is his final role on film.
By Annie Martin
- Filming in Abu Dhabi of "Fast & Furious 7" was awkard for Vin Diesel without co-star Paul Walker
- CGI, body doubles to maintain Paul Walker's "Fast & Furious 7" presence next month in UAE
- Only family, close friends, and Fast & Furious co-stars will attend the invite-only Paul Walker funeral
- The late Fast & Furious star, who never made it to UAE-shoot, leaves estate to daughter
- That's a wrap! "Fast & Furious 7" closes shop shooting scenes in Abu Dhabi