Fast & Furious back on track, cast heads back to Abu Dhabi this April
The Fast & the Furious cast are heading back to the UAE this April. The all-star cast were in the capital city, Abu Dhabi, last November to film the special effects for the action franchise.
A-Listers Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson and Chris “Ludacris” Bridges will continue production of F&F with the help of UAE-based production company twofour54 intaj.
Noura Al Kaabi, CEO of twofour54, released a statement saying: “We look forward to welcoming the stars and crew of Fast & Furious 7 in April. This is a great opportunity to not only generate international exposure for Abu Dhabi, but to also provide young Emiratis with work experience, which could help them to become the region’s future filmmakers.”
But the one thing missing this April will be the cast’s co-star Paul Walker, who died in a car crash in November.
Paul and the rest of the cast were on a break from shooting 'Fast & Furious 7' when he was killed in the crash in Santa Clarita, California, on November 30 along with his close friend and the vehicle's driver Roger Rodas.
In December, Tyrese headed to Dubai to celebrate his birthday. Although he was finding it difficult to cope with the death of his friend and costar, he told Gulf News’s tabloid!: “I’ve known him for 13 years, so you know, we gotta keep rocking. And we gotta keep this franchise alive,” he said. “At this point, because it’s a multicultural film that has [had an impact] around the world, I know he would want us to continue doing this on his behalf.”
Aiming to make Abu Dhabi a premiere choice for international film productions, the Abu Dhabi Film Commission is providing a financial incentive in the form of a 30 per cent rebate on production costs, Gulf News reported.
- Abu Dhabi's late Fast & Furious 7 star likely crashed because of power steering fluid leak
- She's royally pleased! Fast & Furious star gifts Sheikha Latifa with a sweet set of wheels
- That's a wrap! "Fast & Furious 7" closes shop shooting scenes in Abu Dhabi
- "Fast & Furious 7" cast and crew zoom into Abu Dhabi as the bittersweet filming begins
- Only family, close friends, and Fast & Furious co-stars will attend the invite-only Paul Walker funeral