Faten Hamama hammers that women should support the new Egyptian constitution
She's been holding back, but now she's letting all her politics out. Egyptian icon Faten Hamama is no holds barred with her support of the new Egyptian consitition. The starlet wrote an an article for "Egyptian Women Union" titled "Yes for the Constitution", calling all the ladies in the country to vote yes to the new constitution that she believes will accomplish stability.
According to Laha Magazine, Faten said in the article, "I see that the context of the constitution is just for all society, and the new amended version to be voted on during January 14 and 15 supports human rights and helps Egyptians to progress forward."
Faten stressed that she will say yes to the new constitution because it defends women's rights, and the rights of children in more than twenty legislations. She added that it puts an end to the marriage of minors, calls for continued female education, and defends them from all forms of abuse. Women are half of society and the essence of every family, she pressed.
Do you agree with the celebrity's stance on the constitution? We'd love to hear your thoughts in the comment box below!
- Shaaban Abdel Rahim back at the studio, calling for Egyptians to vote for amended constitution
- Back on track: Faten Hamama recovering in hospital following severe health deterioration
- Such the dutiful citizen! Samira Saeed takes voting very seriously, no matter the country she resides
- Faten Hamamah Participates in a UN Documantary
- Three cheers for Sisi: Layla Elwi has made her Presidential pick