It's 10pm, do you know where Faten Hamama is? Egypt's old school producer and actress is on the air!
If the circumstances demand it, she'll speak out, like when the ladies needed to step up and vote in Egypt a couple months ago, but generally Faten Hamama has been keeping on the down low of late. That's what makes her recent phone interview with the program "Al Ashirah Masa" (10PM) such a big deal.
The old school producer and actress shared her excitement over the entertainment world revival in her homeland after a long lagging period full of political turmoil, concert cancellations, and filming delays.
According to Laha Magazine, Faten said to show host Wael Al Abrashi, "The return of life to the entertainment world has really made me very happy for it brought back the good old days before the rule of the Muslim Brotherhood. The entertainment world was doomed during their reign, and they were after killing everything that was beautiful in Egypt, saying it was taboo."
She added, "The country was gloomy for the past two years, and grief entered every home in Egypt because of the young men and women that lost their lives as victims of acts of torture and terrorism. We are now in dire need of happiness."
When asked whether she would re-enter the ent world with its new revival, she said, "If I am offered a script that really attracts my attention and my role is suitable I will not hesitate to accept. For this is my only condition to return."
- Faten Hamamah pleads with protesters to return home
- Back on track: Faten Hamama recovering in hospital following severe health deterioration
- Faten Hamama hammers that women should support the new Egyptian constitution
- Politics & Glamour on the menu: Egyptian celebs get a taste of Al Sisi at Cairo event
- Faten Hamama Adds Mohammad Durra Footage to ‘Wajh El Qamar’