Back on track: Faten Hamama recovering in hospital following severe health deterioration
Eid has been a tough one for Egyptian veteran actress Faten Hamama and her family.
The 83-year-old actress has been released from the ICU and moved into a hospital room after being admitted into Dar Al Fouad Hospital following a severe deterioration in her health.
Faten was suffering from heart palpitations and had to be kept under close surveillance while given an oxygen mask until she was feeling better again.
Calls swarmed the hospital from fans and relatives, but doctors refused to take any calls or have anyone visit Faten, especially on the first day she was admitted into the hospital.
Despite her old age, Faten has aged very gracefully and is one of the Arab World's fashion and acting icons.
Last year, Faten was awarded an honorary doctorate by the American University of Beirut.
- Faten Hamama Adds Mohammad Durra Footage to ‘Wajh El Qamar’
- Faten Hamama hammers that women should support the new Egyptian constitution
- Faten Hamama expresses her fascination with Majida Al Roumi
- It's 10pm, do you know where Faten Hamama is? Egypt's old school producer and actress is on the air!
- Actress Faten Hamama Puts Her Heart into Telethon for Sick Children