The show must go on: Fifi Abdo's evening talk show to stay on-air
Have no fear, Fifi's show will go on! (Image: Albawaba edit)
Sources within the satellite TV channel MBC Egypt have denied circulating reports that the network intends on stopping Fifi Abdo’s night time talk show “Ahla Masa” (Good Evening).
Fifi presents the show with fellow Egyptian singer Hisham Abbas and journalist Salma Al Dali from Sundays through to Wednesdays at 11pm Cairo local time.
According to Elaph news, the show is witnessing significant success among viewers, despite witnessing a humorous shaky start.
On their first day on the job, Fifi’s co-host, Hisham embarrassed her in front of show guests and live studio audience!
The hosts were discussing mobile phones, when Salma presented them with statistics on mobile phone usage in Egypt, which ranked in very high on the charts.
Just as Fifi was protesting the figures presented, describing them as “Exaggerated” and explaining that a large portion of Egyptian society cannot afford a phone of their own, Hisham pulled out FIVE mobile phones out of the dancer’s handbag.
The figures aren’t wrong after all, are they Fifi?
An embarrassed Fifi tried to get herself out of it, but to no avail. Their show guest, actress May Ezzedine, was lost in a laughter fit of her own, but kindly tried to make Abdo feel less “humiliated” than she already did!
- Thanks to co-host Hisham Abbas, Fifi Abdo has a cringe-worthy moment on first ep of new show!
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Sensational Saudi singer Rotana Tarabzouni chases her dream towards music stardom
- Lebanese Shaking off the veil: When Hijab is not compatible with tight jeans
- Shireen Saif Nasr denies financial matters were behind her divorce from Midhat Saleh