Film crew to work on “Layali”
According to the London daily Elaph, the director Ahmad Shafiq got the help of a cinema crew to work on the new television drama series “Layali”. Ahmad received the assistance of filming manager Shadi Ali and fashion designer Islam Yousif who had worked with a number of films like “Cabaret”. The director wanted to produce the new series in a cinema style.
As for the actors that will star on the new series the director chose Ahmad Safwat, Yousif Al Sharif, Izat Abu Oof, broadcaster Maryam Ameen, Lebanese actor Walid Al Alayli, Zainah and Salah Abdullah.
The director had also traveled to Beirut last month to film various celebration scenes of the New Year’s in Lebanon in order to include them in the new drama series.
The filming of the new series will start at the beginning of February in Alexandria Egypt and then the filming will move to Lebanon to conclude all the outside scenes there. The new series “Layali is created by the writer Ayman Salameh and produced by Sadeq Al Sabah.
The series revolves around a young lady that runs away from Alexandria to Cairo when she is forced to get married to a much older man.
- Muna Zakki: Sahar Al Layali does not contain nudity nor does it have sexual connotations
- Zainah celebrates filming “Layali”
- Mayes Hamdan from “Al Masrawyeh” to “Layali Al Somer”
- Surprise! Ahmed Helmy lightens spirits of 'Excusable' cast and crew
- And the filming has begun! Sulafa Mimar in Beirut to work on "Lipstick"