French Institute hosts Egypt's latest film fest
The French Institute in Mounira will host the 9th 'Rencountre de l'image' (Film Festival) from April 7 until 15 April.
The judging panel for the festival is headed by film director Ahmed Abdallah, and also includes screenwriter Mariam Nawaem and film director Ahmed Fawzy Saleh.
On the closing night of the festival, the judges will present the winners with two prizes: an invitation to attend the Mediterranean Film Festival in Montpelier and the Marseille Film Festival. The festival audience will also choose a winner among first-year filmmakers.
The festival opens with a screening of Coming Forth By Dayby Hala Lotfy (Arabic) which won the Bronze Award at the Carthage Film Festival in November 2012. There will be a talk by the director after the screening.
Among the highlights of the festivals will be screenings of some of Egypt's most successful films this year, including Amir Ramsis' Jews of Egypt and Hanan Abdallah' In the Shadow of a Man.
All screenings take place at the French Institute in Mounira on Madraset El-Hoqouq El-Ferenseya Street.
- Hey Jude, are the Arab Film Studio shorts as mm mmm good as you?!
- DIFF chairman spills the goss on Hollywood bad girl Lindsay Lohan
- A film festival with no gimmicks at the Goethe institute in Cairo
- Egypt's Omar El Zohairy grabs best student film award at Palm Springs ShortFest
- Tanja hosts Mediterranean Short Film Fest