Dubai gears up for a live dose of 'Gangnam Style'
South Korean pop sensation PSY (Park Jae Sang) is going ‘Gangnam Style’ in Dubai next month.
The rapper is set to perform his record-breaking, viral horse-riding dance as part of My Music X, a three-day festival from March 27 to March 30.
PSY will be on stage alongside American rapper Sean Paul at Atlantis The Palm on March 28. His concert is just one of many planned for My Music X. The three-day festival will also include performances by DJs, artists and bands, playing music from all over the world at venues across Dubai.
The show timings would be 8pm – 3am, with tickets ranging from Dhs250, Dhs550 and Dhs750.
In their October 2012, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, a South Korean, joked that he had to relinquish his title as "the most famous Korean", and tried few of PSY's dance moves.
Internet giant Google also revealed the most searched term by web users in the Emirates for 2012 was 'Gangnam Style'.
- Who hasn't done it Gangnam style yet? The UAE has its last 'oppan' hurrah before 'Gentleman' usurps the original
- Mariam Hussein goes Gangnam Style!
- Goodbye 'Gangnam', hello 'Gentleman'! PSY debuts Arab-friendly new single
- No Psy for Dubai but Gangnam Style star still on for Seoul gig
- Ciara lives it up Dubai style!