Gaydar: 5 Arab stars who might be hiding in the closet!
There is a huge gay community in the ME. (joeraadthesinger.com)
Click here to add Bassem Feghali as an alert
Disable alert for Bassem Feghali,
Click here to add Chaming as an alert
Disable alert for Chaming,
Click here to add Jad Choueiri as an alert
Disable alert for Jad Choueiri,
Click here to add Joe Raad as an alert
Disable alert for Joe Raad,
Click here to add Maine as an alert
Disable alert for Maine,
Click here to add Prince as an alert
Disable alert for Prince
Imagine how difficult it would be for a person to come out as gay in the Arab world. Now imagine if that person was a celebrity; even the thought of it would be impossible.
The Arab LGBT community might be fighting its own battle in the conservative ME, but the majority of traditional, religious individuals still aren't ready to accept gays, lesbians and trans as "normal people."
Let's face it, there is never going to be a time when a gay Arab celebrity will be accepted in the Middle East. Ever.
While that might be true, fans have their own suspicions that a few select stars bat for the other side, and attempt to show their "true selves" through their work, looks and personal views on social media.
Here are 5 Arab stars suspected of being gay (by social media users):
1. Jad Choueiri doesn't make it easy for himself; his soft voice, camp character and flamboyant sense of style make it impossible for his fans to believe that he's straight. One artist who can't seem to get enough of teasing Joe for his campiness is Lebanese comedian Nemr Abou Nassar. But is it all an act, or is he really into the same sex?
2. Joe Raad dresses, behaves and talks awfully like Jack from Will & Grace... you get the picture. He's not embarrassed to show his feminine side, but could there be more to it than that?
3. Shamma Hamdan has that typical tomboy look and personality, both which have long made her fans suspicious of her sexuality. Could she be saving all her love for a lucky lady, or is she waiting for Prince Chaming?
4. It's hard to imagine Bassem Feghali, the biggest female celebrity impersonator in the Middle East, as anything but a woman. No one has seen him without his full makeup and wigs, or not as his alter egos for years. He plays women so well, his fans are convinced that he either wishes he was a woman, or is simply embracing his gay side through his art.
5. Tomy Omran might claim to be looking for his future wife, but many are still convinced that he bats for the other side. Why? his feminine looks, pout-like-a-lady poses and that infamous music video embracing homosexual relationships. Go figure.
All opinions expressed in this article are based on social media users' views of the celebrities mentioned above.