Full of fat and indie music: 'Salalem' and 'High on Body Fat' to perform at Genaina
Egyptian band Salalem and local musical comedy duo High on Body Fat are set to perform on Thursday 26 September at El Genaina Theatre in Cairo's Al-Azhar Park.
Salalem, founded in 2005, is made up of six members – three of them guitarists – who fuse their diverse musical influences together to bring tunes that are catchy and groovy, coupled with humorous lyrics satirising different social, cultural and political trends in Egypt. This Thursday, the band – currently working on its second album–celebrates its eighthyear on the music scene.
High on Body Fat, meanwhile, is made up of Marwan Imam and Ahmed Safi El-Din, who mostly parody famous songs, infusing them with sarcastic lyrics that are sometimes in Arabic and occasionally in English, and garner guaranteed laughter from their audiences.
Thursday 26 September at 7pm
Al-Azhar Park, Salah Salem Road, Cairo
- That's a winner! El-Genaina Theatre to host Samaana Festival champs in concert
- Things are jazzin' up in 'da Cairo club every Tuesday 'til the 4th of June
- Palestinians in Egypt: "Turab" band to perform in Cairo's Spring Festival this May
- From Indie-pop to reggae-funk, Cairo Jazz Club is keeping Tuesdays rockin'
- Sheikh it, Sista! Maryam Saleh to sing Sheikh Imam covers at Falaki Theatre