It was "Up in the Air", but now it appears George Clooney is in fact in love with that Lebanese tease
George Clooney took Amal Alamuddin as his date to meet US President Barack Obama.
The "Monuments Men" star, who brushed off rumours he was romancing the British human rights lawyer in October, brought the brunette beauty, who represents WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, and his parents, Nick and Nina Clooney, to a private screening of the film at the White House in Washington D.C. last week.
An insider told the MailOnline website that Amal was George's guest and they were the talk of the event, as they were seen cosying up to each other when they arrived.
The duo also enjoyed drinks with the 52-year-old actor's co-stars Bill Murray, Matt Damon and his wife Luciana at the Round Robin and Scotch Bar at the Willard Hotel in the city afterwards, and an eyewitness said: "They looked very much together, George had his arm around her and she appeared to be a girlfriend.
"They were in a small group of about 10 people, it's really a small venue and there were maybe only about 30 people in the bar, and they were sitting at a table off to the side."
Amal and George were photographed having dinner in London in October but a friend close to Oscar-winning actor, who split from his former wrestler Stacy Keibler last summer, claimed at the time that he was just working with Amal on a surveillance satellite program over Syria.
- She's outta this world! George Clooney's Lebanese lover had stronger gravitational pull than the Oscars
- A bit of ribbing adds pleasure to the night! Golden Globe dig about Leo DiCaprio's dating supermodels - including Israel's Bar Refaeli – scores laughs
- George and Amal Clooney are already talking babies
- George Clooney arm wrestles wife Amal to win an intellectual argument with her!
- Clooney shows off his Lebanese catch to the inner circle: Amal Alamuddin's A-list double date with George's mates!