George Clooney's Beirut-born bride-to-be Amal Alamuddin brings "bright light" to everything
George Clooney's fiancée beings a "bright light to everything she is involved in", says her colleague.
The 'Monuments Men' star recently got engaged to lawyer Amal Alamuddin - who he was first linked to in October last year after they were spotted out for dinner - and her firm Doughty Street Chambers are delighted for her and believe the pair are well suited.
The company's Chief executive Robin Jackson, said: "I understand George Clooney is involved in international humanitarian work, so I'm sure there is a connection there. Amal has been utterly wonderful since she arrived in Chambers. She brings a bright light to everything she is involved in, and I am so delighted at her happy news".
Joint head of chambers Geoffrey Robertson QC, who has worked with Amal on high profile lawsuits, including the Julian Assange case, gushed about her dedication to her work.
He explained: "Amal Alamuddin is a brilliant and passionate defender of human rights who has put in the enormously hard work necessary to improving them. She is respected and admired by all her colleagues."
Meanwhile, Assange, who is the editor-in-chief of the whistleblower website WikiLeaks which he co-founded in 2006, admires her moral compass.
He told the Evening Standard newspaper: "Amal is a friend and a lawyer with a global perspective who is not afraid to deal with corruption of power or to tackle politicised cases."
The British lawyer previously been linked with Eric Schmidt, director of Google, and hosted a dinner for him at Mayfair nightclub LouLou's following the launch of his book 'The New Digital Age'.
A source has said: "They were very close.
"She organised the dinner and is very smooth, a great hostess. Princess Beatrice and James Middleton were there."
- Way to snag that Beirut babe! George Clooney's engagement to Amal Alamuddin confirmed
- George Clooney's cha-ching bling revealed: Here's the engagement ring he gave Amal Alamuddin
- It was "Up in the Air", but now it appears George Clooney is in fact in love with that Lebanese tease
- Save the date! George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin are set for a fall wedding
- President Clooney? George wants to enter the White House and Amal Alamuddin will help him do just that!