Way to snag that Beirut babe! George Clooney's engagement to Amal Alamuddin confirmed
George Clooney is officially no longer a bachelor!
Reports that George Clooney is engaged to Amal Alamuddin are in fact true. Alamuddin's firm confirmed the news in a congratulatory statement shared Monday.
The barristers and staff of Doughty Street Chambers offer their best wishes and congratulations to Ms Amal Alamuddin, a member of Chambers, and Mr George Clooney on their engagement to be married, the firm wrote.
Rumors that the 36-year-old was engaged to Hollywood's most eligible bachelor began Thursday night after Alamuddin was seen wearing a sparkly ring while dinning at Nobu in Malibu with Clooney and Cindy Crawford.
Alamuddin is an international lawyer who has represented big names like Julian Assange.
News of Clooney's engagement comes almost two months after his latest ex-girlfriend, Stacey Kiebler, tied the knot to tech-entrepreneur Jared Pobre after months of dating.
- Three Lebanese politicians land highly coveted seats at George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's London ceremony
- Shotgun Wedding? If Amal Alamuddin is 3 months pregnant with Clooney's baby, that explains the rushed engagement!
- The "lovely, intellectual & wonderful" Amal Alamuddin gets George Clooney's parents' seal of approval
- Talk of the village: What does Amal Alamuddin's Druze community think of Clooney engagement?
- George Clooney's cha-ching bling revealed: Here's the engagement ring he gave Amal Alamuddin