Beirut has gone bonkers about George Clooney's engagement to Lebanon's Amal Alamuddin
The people of Lebanon expressed their excitement that famous bachelor and actor George Clooney's new fiancee Amal Alamuddin is Lebanese-born.
Alamuddin is a lawyer from a prominent Lebanese family. She has worked for the King of Bahrain as well as represented WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko. Though she has this impressive resume, Lebanon seems most excited that Alamuddin has taken Clooney off the market.
The people of Lebanon took to social media to express their happiness over the engagement. Gabriel Tobia, a doctor in Beirut, pointed out that Alamuddin was getting even more attention than the presidential election.
The fact that George Clooney's new fiancee is getting 100 times more attention than the presidential election is quite hilarious #Lebanon— Gabriel Tobia (@gabrieltobia) April 28, 2014
Brooklyn-based author Moustafa Bayoumi noticed that Lebanon seemed to take the the engagement very personally.
According to my Facebook wall, George #Clooney just proposed to the entire country of Lebanon. #ClooneyEngaged— Moustafa Bayoumi (@BayoumiMoustafa) April 27, 2014
- George Clooney's cha-ching bling revealed: Here's the engagement ring he gave Amal Alamuddin
- Way to snag that Beirut babe! George Clooney's engagement to Amal Alamuddin confirmed
- President Clooney? George wants to enter the White House and Amal Alamuddin will help him do just that!
- Matt Damon reveals his feelings on George Clooney's engagement to Amal Alamuddin
- OMG, did George Clooney just get laws changed, so he could wed Amal Alamuddin at his Italian villa?