George Clooney & Amal Alamuddin's first home may be a "Downton Abbey" mansion
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin recently went on a private set visit at Highclere Castle, as the couple is reportedly eyeing at a 3-million-pound mansion that was featured in ITV period drama "Downton Abbey".
A source claimed that the "Gravity" star wanted to lay down some roots in England and wanted to be close to Alamuddin's family and work, the Mirror reported.
The source said that Alamuddin loved rural areas, including Kent and Oxfordshire, so the duo was keen to find somewhere scenic and with some privacy.
The source further said that Highclere Castle was isolated and not too grand and that was the brief the couple gave to their agent.
The mansion is sprawled across 10 acres of land and has a further 53 acres up for negotiation and also has an outdoor pool, formal gardens, a wine cellar and separate areas to house staff if required.
- What's wrong with an open-plan studio? The Clooneys splash out on a £10m English mansion!
- The Clooneys are in town! George's parents jet into Lake Como ahead of wedding of the year
- Hollywood star George Clooney takes his Lebanese fiancée to Downton Abbey set
- George Clooney takes fiancée to Downton Abbey
- So soon? Amal Alamuddin’s conservative Lebanese parents push for short engagement to George Clooney